Top physician shadowing program for high school students
Shadow doctors for 15+ hours/week in Europe or South America for 3 weeks this summer.
Immerse yourself in a new culture along with other high-achieving students who are also passionate about healthcare
Get a competitive edge on college applicants by getting unique, international experience in healthcare
Who can apply?
- Be at least 16 years old at the start of their Fellowship program
- Be a rising Junior or Senior
- Maintain at least a 3.5 GPA
- Want to gain medical experience internationally
- Want to grow through experiencing a new culture
Atlantis Medical Immersion Fellowship Admissions Process and Requirements:
The admissions process for the Atlantis Medical Immersion Fellowship is a 4 part process and there are no fees attached to it:
- Fill out our online application. The application takes about 1 hour and asks for basic information + 4 short answers to the questions below:
- Personal statement on how The Atlantis Medical Immersion Fellowship aligns with your long term interests in healthcare.
- Why are you interested in traveling abroad?
- Experiences you have in service and/or leadership.
- Experiences you have in healthcare and how an Atlantis Medical Immersion Fellowship would enrich your career.
- Qualifying call: Short 5-10 minute call with an Atlantis Admissions Coordinator
- Final Interview: 30 minute video interview with your assigned Admissions Coordinator
- Receive admissions decision
Ready to apply? Click the button below to start your application.
Hospital placement : You will shadow doctors 15+ hours/week. We will arrange your hospital and doctor shadowing program and you will observe a different specialty each week. You will have the option before your program to choose your preferences but we cannot guarantee you will be able to see your preferred specialties. You will usually be shadowing in pairs with another Fellow. Observing surgical procedures is not guaranteed.
Housing: We arrange your Fellowship housing, coordinated with other students on your program. Housing will be hotel-style, with participants sharing a room with one Fellow of the same gender. Site Mangers will also be housed in the same location.
Partial Meals: We provide three group dinners per week, lunch on excursion days, and light breakfast. For meals not covered by the program fee, participants will eat together, along with their Site Manager.
24/7 Staff Support: Our trained international team is available and will supervise 24/7 to help you daily in your city.
Excursions: Our international team will coordinate a number of fun trips with your groups, usually on Fridays, to nearby areas.
Travel Health Insurance: We provide travel health insurance to help cover any medical expenses you incur abroad.
Arrival/Departure: We provide airport pick up. Additionally, our program team in Washington, D.C. will thoroughly prepare you for the logistics of planning your travel.
Atlantis Medical Immersion Fellowship Locations:
You will be able to choose a location based on availability upon acceptance. All our locations have been carefully picked to ensure Fellows get a life changing experience.
Enrollment fee: is $900 USD, due within two weeks of acceptance. This nonrefundable fee reserves your placement and serves as a housing deposit.
Program fee: will be assessed according to the length of your program. To review specific prices, please see the Fellowship Locations above. Please note that flights are not included. If you have concerns about financing before applying, please contact our Admissions team at any time.
The Atlantis High School Fellowships have start dates in summer 2018. Programs are 3 weeks. Program start dates vary by city, and if accepted you will have the opportunity to review open programs and select a start date that works for your schedule.